How to update iOS 11 Beta 2
The iOS 11 was unveiled during the Apple’s Worldwide Developer Conference in June of 2017. The new iOS is currently available in developer beta and public beta 2. The official public release will likely available alongside the iPhone 8 this fall.
The new iOS brings new features and interface changes. The new Files app allows users to easily browse, search, and organize all files in one place. The new Dock for iPad is now available from any screen. Users can simply make a swipe to open and switch apps instantly. The iOS 11 also bring a redesigned Control Center, a redesigned App Store, improved Siri,drag and drop, ARKit, Apple Pay in Messages, and much more.
Download iOS 11 Beta 2 on iPhone and iPad
Our guide will help you to learn more on how to update iOS 11 on iPhone or iPad. But first you need to make sure that your device is compatible with the new iOS. Apple confirmed that iOS 11 will drop support for all 32-bit devices. Users have been warned via an iOS alert which informs that 32-bit apps will no longer work with future versions of iOS if they aren’t updated. Here’s the lists of iOS 11 compatible devices.
iOS 11 compatible devices:
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5s
- The 9.7-inch iPad
- The 9.7-inch iPad Pro
- The 12.9-inch iPad Pro
- The 12.9-inch iPad Pro 2017
- The 10.5-inch iPad Pro 2017
- iPad Mini 4
- iPad mini 3
- iPad mini 2
- iPad Air 2
- iPod touch: iPod touch 6th generation
How to Download and Install iOS 11 Beta 2
The iOS 11 is currently available in beta 2 for users who are registered on Apple Developer Program. Please note that the beta version may bring some bugs and issues so it is recommended to install the beta version on test devices not on your primary devices. You can download and install iOS 11 Beta 2 via iTunes or via OTA Update. Here’s how:
How to Download and Install iOS 11 Beta 2 via iTunes
- Make a complete full backup of your device via iTunes or iCloud
- Register to Apple Developer Program at https://developer.apple.com/programs/
- Login to Account section of Apple Developer Program with your Apple ID
- Register your Unique Device ID or UDID with Apple for the device you want to install the beta on.
- Click on Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
- Click on All from the Devices section
- Click on “+”from right hand panel
- Add the UDID of your iOS device.
- Go to Develop > Downloads section. You can find this page directly at https://developer.apple.com/download/.
- Choose your device
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your PC or Mac
- Launch iTunes
- Connect your iOS device your PC or Mac
- If you use Mac, hold the Alt key to install and if you use Windows PC, hold the Shift key
- Next, click on the Restore iPhone
- Choose the ipsw firmware file
- Choose iOS 11 beta file
- Wait for iTunes to installs iOS 11 beta on yourdevice
- Your device will reboot automatically
- That’s it and you should now see Hello screen of iOS 11
How to Download and Install iOS 11 Beta 2 using OTA Update
You can also download and install iOS 11 Beta 2 via OTA update. Here’s how:
- Open iOS 11 download page https://developer.apple.com/download/
- Click on ‘Download’ under iOS 11 beta and alongside Configuration Profile
- Then allow it to install on your iOS device
- Next, go to General > Settings > Software Update
- Wait for iOS 11 beta OTA update to show up
- Next, tap on Download and Install
- That’s it!
How to update iOS 11 on iPhone or iPad
The official public release of iOS 11 will likely available alongside the iPhone 8 this fall. We will soon provide you with guide on How to update iOS 11 on iPhone or iPad alongside with the download link when it is official.
How to Update iOS 11 on iPhone or iPad »»