Install iOS 10 on iPad – Apple has just released its newest operating system, iOS 10, which includes several new features and improvements. If you want to have iPad ios 10 update and need help, then follow our step-by-step guide below.
A. iPad iOS 10 Compatibility
Check the iOS 10 Compatibility List Table: here.
The latest iOS 10 software update is available as a free upgrade for the following supported devices:
- iPhone : iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s,
- iPad : 9.7-inch iPad Pro, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, Retina iPad mini, 1st gen iPad mini
- iPod touch: 6th generation iPod touch, 5th generation iPod touch
- Backup your iPad
It is important to take a backup of your iPad before updating it with iOS 10. You can back up your iOS device using iTunes or iCloud.
B. Prepare Back up iPad
Before we go to the backup process, we need to understand the information that included at the back up, they are:
- Photos and video
- Calendar accounts
- Phone Favorites,
- App data
- Home screen and app organization
- Messages (iMessage, SMS, and MMS)
- Purchased music (note: not available in all countries),
- TV shows (US only)
You can back up your iOS device using iTunes or iCloud.
B.1. Back up iPad Using iCloud
a) Automatic iCloud Backup
Here’s how to have automatic back up using iCloud:
- On the home screen, launch the Settings app
- Tap on iCloud
- Enter your iCloud account
- Scroll down
- Now tap on Backup
- Next, tap on the On/Off toggle to enable automatic backup.
b) Manual iCloud Backup
Here’s how to have manual back up using iCloud:
- Launch the Settings app
- Navigate to iCloud > Backup
- Tap Back Up Now
B.2. Back up iPad Using iTunes
Here’s how to take a backup of your iPad using iTunes.
a) Manual iTunes Backup
Here’s how to have manual back up using iTunes:
- Make sure your Mac or PC has the latest version of iTunes installed
- Connect your iPad with your Mac or PC
- Select your iPad in iTunes under Devices
- Right-click the device and select Back Up
b) Automatic iCloud Backup
iTunes takes a backup of your iPad when you sync with iTunes.
C. Things To Do Before iPad iOS 10 Update
Here are several things to do before installing iOS 10 on your iPad:
- Make sure your iPad is fully charge or you can connect it to a power source. The install process may take up to an hour so you need to make sure that your iPad doesn’t running out of battery during the update process.
- Connect your iPad to Wi-Fi network. This will avoid you from being charged for downloading the update over your cellular connection.
D. How to Install iOS 10 on iPad Wirelessly Over The Air /OTA
Here’s how to install iOS 10 via OTA:
- Open the Settings app
- Tap on General > Software Update
- iOS will automatically check for available updates
- Next, it will inform you that iOS 10 software update is available.
- Tap Download and Install
- Your iPad will send you a notification when the update is ready.
- Go back to Settings
- Tap General > Software Update
- Tap Install Now
E. How to Install iOS 10 on iPad Using iTunes
If you don’t have enough storage space on your iPad to have the OTA update, then you can install iOS 10 via iTunes. Don’t forget to make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes.
Here’s how to install iOS 10 via iTunes:
- Connect your iPad to Mac or PC using an USB cable.
- Wait for iTunes to open
- Connect iTunes to your device.
- Click on device button. It is on the left of the iTunes Store button in the top right corner in iTunes.
- Click on the “Check for Update” directly without using holding down on the Option key or the Shift key.
- If the iOS 10 update is available it will automatically download and update your iPad to iOS 10
- You will receive a message about the new iOS 10 update
- Click on Download and Update button
- You will receive a message informing you that iTunes will update your iPad to iOS 10
- It will then verify with Apple
- Click on the Update button
- You will receive the release notes for iOS 10
- Click on the Next button
- Agree to the terms and conditions
- iTunes will download the firmware file
- It make take a long time for the process
- Next, your iPad will be updated to iOS 10
- Your iPad will then reboot once or twice during the process
- When your iPad is updated to the new iOS, you will see Hello screen.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to start using your iPad
That’s it. Now you have install iOS 10 on iPad.
« « iPad Hard Reset