- 1 iOS Update & Upgrade iOS Version
- 1.1 iOS Update Preparation
- 1.2 How To Update iOS or Upgrade iOS
- 1.2.1 iOS 10 Update Problems and How To Fix Them
- 1.2.2 How to Set Up Raise to Wake in iOS 10
- 1.2.3 How To Fix Bad GPS Signal after iOS 10.1.1 Update
- 1.2.4 Download Second iOS 10.2 Beta for Public
- 1.2.5 Apple Released iOS 10.2 Beta 2 for Developers
- 1.2.6 iOS 10.1 Update with Portrait Camera Mode and Bug Fixes
- 1.2.7 iOS 10.0.3 Update is Now Available
- 1.2.8 iOS 10 Hidden Features
- 1.2.9 iOS 10.0.2 Update Fixes Bugs And Improves iPhone’s Stability
- 1.2.10 iOS 10 Guide: How to Enable/Disable Slide to Unlock on iPhone and iPad
- 1.2.11 How to Download iOS 10 Public Beta 2
iOS Update & Upgrade iOS VersionAdvertisment
This iOS manual guide will help you to install the latest version on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. The latest iOS has some interesting features like Proactive Assistant, transit directions in Maps, enhanced multitasking features for the iPad, and more.
The latest iOS also has new emojis, security patches, and bug fixes for previous iOS problems. Before installing the iOS update, please follow our step-by-step guide below.
iOS Update Preparation
1. Latest iOS Compatibility
First you need to make sure that your device is compatible with the latest iOS. The compatible devices are :
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 and iPhone 4s
- iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3 and iPad 2
- iPad Mini
- iPad Mini 4, iPad mini 3, Retina iPad mini, 1st gen iPad mini
- 6th generation iPod touch, 5th generation iPod touch
2. Charge Your Device
Next, you have to make sure your device is charged up. This update needs at least a 50% charge for Over-the-Air through Settings.
3. Backup your Device
Before updating to latest iOS version, it is important for you to back up your device. You can back up your device using iTunes or iCloud. You can read the detail manual guide on how to back up your device via iTunes or iCloud here.
4. Login Info
Next, you will need your login info. So, you will need your device’s passcode. If this is going to be your first time in iOS 9, then you will need to prepare a new 6 digit passcode. In iOS 9, Apple recommends setting six-digit Passcodes instead of the usual four-digit Passcodes on the previous iOS.
You will also need to track down your Apple ID and iCloud login information. You will need your logins for your applications especially if you’re moving from iOS 8 to iOS 9.
5. Read App Reviews and Install Updates
Next, you will need to read app reviews on latest iOS. If you are moving from iOS 8, then this is the right time for you to update your apps. But if you’re already on iOS 9, you’ll also want to learn more about the latest updates on iOS 9.1.
So, the steps above are things you should do before installing or updating iOS on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
How To Update iOS or Upgrade iOS
Now, you understood the steps before updating. You can follow our tutorial how to update iOS or upgrade iOS that fit to version you want in another articles via link bellow.
You can check the iOS 10 update tutorial.Advertisment